Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Die Hard in a Bar

I assume that eventually I'll star in an action movie, despite not being an actor and not being overly attractive. I mean, I'm kind of attractive. I'm more handsome than you, you homely motherfucker.

What was I talking about?

Oh, right. Me in an action movie. I'm guessing said movie will be set in a bar. Let's say Smith's Olde Bar, just for the sake of argument. I'll be avoiding the bad guys and getting my plan worked out, just like in the original Die Hard. Maybe I'll be lurking around the stage upstairs. Anyway, at some point, there will be a big chase scene where either I'm going after the bad guys, or they're coming after me. I haven't worked that bit out yet.

Anyway, there' s a chase scene. Then, it comes down to the final fight with me and the bad guy. It goes back and forth for a bit, then it appears he has the upper hand. Just when all appears lost, there's a reappearance by an ally that we thought had perished earlier in the movie. We'll say it's Andrew Sweeney, since he and I had lunch together today. He helps me out, we defeat the bad guy, I make out with that girl that played Topanga on Boy Meets World, and we're all set up for a sequel. The sequel will either be set in a coffee shop or at a rodeo. Fuck it, we'll go with the rodeo, so we can get Whiplash in it.

The point of the above drivel, is that during the chase and final fight, I want the following cover of "Rock the Casbah" by Rachid Taha playing. I've been spinning it non-stop in the car the last few days, thanks to the soundtrack of The Future is Unwritten.



No comments: