Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Takei Wedding

As you may have read, George "Mr. Sulu" Takei got married recently, thanks to California's recent legal approval of gay marriage. I'm not going to get political here*, but my good friend Justin and I were fortunate enough to overhear a few things said at the wedding. Also, it gave us this, quite possibly the funniest wedding photo of all time:


Anyway, here are a few things said at the wedding:

1. "He's no longer flying sulu."

2. "Will you takei this man's hand in marriage?"

3. "I now pronounce you man and worf."

4. "I think the gift for the one-year anniversary is dilithium crystal."

5. "Right now, they're in their honeymoon phaser."

6. "I liked when they fed each other wedding kirk."

7. "I hope they didn't get too caught up in the wedding planning details. Sometimes you can't see Deforest for the trees."

8. "I think the wedding starts at noonian."

9. "Takei looks nice. I think the vanity koenig was a bit much, though."

10. "I doohan."


*Jesus Christ, are people really opposed to gay marriage? Don't gay people have the right to be just as miserable as the rest of us? Let 'em get married. Do you have any idea how much fun gay wedding receptions are going to be? Great food, danceable music. If the idea of gay people getting married sticks in your craw, you really don't have enough going on in your life. Also, you're probably secretly gay.

20 comments:

mmyers said...

I went to a lesbian wedding once. It was awesome. Not in a Cinemax way, either. I was the only straight dude there. Got a beer from the bar and it foamed up. This woman looked at me and said, "I knew the straight guy would screw it all up." I laughed for about 10 minutes.

As for the Takei wedding, I thought it was good but I got a little borg near the end.

Will said...

I tried to find out who did the catering, but they were mccoy about it.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I hear the marriage is already in tribble.

Will said...

The problems began when the music director missed his Q.

Andrew S. said...

Did Uhura about the honeymoon? I heard they got lost and had to LeForge for food in the forest.

Will said...

I'm glad everything worked out. Takei was in rehab for a while because of his addiction to oxykhantin.

mmyers said...

Marriage can definitely be a great enterprise.

Will said...

After seeing that picture of Nichelle Nichols, I have a little crush. I really riker.

Andrew S. said...

Will, you surprise me. Make no bones about it, I wouldn't expect you to sink sulu.

Will said...

I think you have enough data about me to know that I'll do anything for a laugh.

mmyers said...

Some of these are pretty good, but others taste like a roddenberry.

Will said...

I know. Sometimes I klingon to jokes too long.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't Tasha this joke with a Yar stick.

I hate you all.

Oh, I hate you all.

Will said...

You have to picard your battles, Cesar.

DJ said...

I heard the DJ played "Back in Bakula" at the reception.

Will said...

I can't believe the chose such a dangerous, hollow deck for the reception.

DJ said...

They had excellent hors d’oeuvres. I especially enjoyed the ferengi sandwiches.

Will said...

Wookie at all the decorations!

Look, I'm out of Star Trek jokes.

Featured Extra said...

ON SNL last night they made the joke, "Set phasers on STUNNING!"

Will said...

I saw that! I can't believe we all missed that one.