Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hey Now Wonder

I fumbled around with a tune for this on the guitar earlier, but my guitar playing is, how do you say, really fucking awful. So, rather than subject you any MP3 horrors, I'll just post the lyrics*.

Hey now, walk around your room again
Hey now, wonder what's your darkest sin
Hey now, send another drink down
Hey now, wonder why you wear a frown


Hey now, this could be your greatest day

Hey now, wonder if it goes astray

Hey now, see if you can get it back

Hey now, wonder what it is you lack


Hey now, your favorite card’s already played

Hey now, wonder why you’re so afraid

Hey now, scrub it from your mind so clean

Hey now, wonder why you feel so mean


Hey now, write another life away

Hey now, wonder if you’ll be okay

Hey now, break it down a little more

Hey now, wonder what was there before


*These are lyrics, goddammit, not a poem. Lyrics!

2 comments:

mmyers said...

I write lyrics as well. Poetry is for kids with eye makeup but men write song lyrics.

I didn't know you played the guit-fiddle.

Will said...

Very, very poorly. I've been trying to take it up again, but it's mostly just me strumming until I find a sound I like.

Yeah, they have to be lyrics. I'm 31, unmarried, and live in midtown. If I start writing poetry, it's all over.