Saturday, November 8, 2008

Miss Manners never covered this

This just happened:

I'm walking through a liquor store parking lot to my car. Some guy, a little rough around the edges, walks up and asks if I can give him and his girlfriend a ride. I tell him sorry, but no. He asks if I have a $1.75 for bus fare. Sorry, no.* Then in a Hail Mary play for the ages, he tells me he'll let me fuck his girlfriend.

I don't exactly know what the polite way to decline such an offer is. I just told him "that's okay" and went on my way. Quickly.

Maybe I should have gotten a look at her.

No, no, that's not right.


*I don't think I'm being a dick in this situation, but I'm not 100 percent.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop shopping near your house dammit. Seriously though, you weren't being rude, just lazy.

Will said...

I think it was self-preservation more than laziness. If I'd let him and his girlfriend into my car, something tells me they would have found my bones in a shallow grave in about five years.

DJ said...

Best. Story. Ever.

Will said...

Tower Package: Come for the Firefly Vodka, stay for the attempted prostitution.

Anonymous said...

Does that mean that the value of sex with his girlfriend is $1.75?

Will said...

With the economy being what it is, they may have been running a special.