Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shuffle poem

The game: put your ipod or what-have-you on shuffle. The first line of the first 20 songs is your poem, the first line of the 21st is the title.

Everything's So Easy for Pauline

Sun Green started making waves on the day Grandpa died
I know you think we're pretty thick
Smack crack bushwacked
Can you hear the little girls asking "Daddy where have all the little boys gone?"
A man can't do no more than a woman will let him

She was a girl from Birmingham
Should we give it up?
I walk the thinnest line
Take her to heart
They'll talk about it after dinner over after dinner drinks

I crept from a soft dimension
She's nine years old and sweet as she could be
I could live inside a teepee
This forest is growing faster than I could tell
You said that I would be sorry if you went away

My my, hey hey
When you lie don't you cry because it's over
We used to kiss
You got a dangerous background
Oh, life is bigger


Hmmm. It actually kind of hangs together for a bit before it totally breaks down into randomness.

6 comments:

Cary said...

That's a cool idea. I'm going to shoot an e-mail to Megan about it.

Will said...

Cool, she (and you) ought to have some fun results. I got it from the 9 Bullets board, and I think they got it from the Hold Steady board.

mmyers said...

If I don't own an iPod, can I just run my finger down my CD collection?

Will said...

(confers with judges)

Yes, this is acceptable.

- The M.A.D. Hapa said...

That is such a bitchin' idea. Here's a link to my iPod poem entitled:

One Evening as the Sun Went Down and the Jungle Fire was Burning.

Will said...

Yours was great! Looks like we both ended up with some R.E.M.