Monday, February 23, 2009

Hey, Atlanta music nerds

Tomorrow, February 24th, you have two really excellent shows to choose from, because whoever's in charge of the universe always likes to put me in Sophie's Choice position when it comes to shows I want to see:

1. ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead at The Earl. You know these guys, you love them. But did you know that Aaron Ford, my good friend from high school, is now their drummer? No, didn't think you did. Aaron was sitting next to me in our group photo senior year. When they printed it in the yearbook, they had to block Aaron out because he was flipping the bird. Dude's a great drummer and an even better human, great to see him getting some recognition. They're doing an in-store at Criminal at 7 pm, too.

2. Marah is playing at Smiths. I've been a fan of these guys for years, but this is the first chance I've had to see them play live. Folky, punky rock and roll, done the way it should be. Really psyched about this.

I've given you the tools. Go forth and do what you will.

2 comments:

mmyers said...

Which one you going to?

Will said...

I'm going to Marah, but I'm going to hit the in-store at Criminal for Trail of Dead. If you're thinking about checking one out, you might want to grab a ticket online. And if you're going to Marah, definitely let me know.