Monday, May 25, 2009

Three documentaries

Three documentaries that are well worth your time:

1. Anvil! The Story of Anvil: A metal band that never hit the big time but never knew when to quit. Heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. They played a short set afterward and put foot to ass.

2. Tyson: If you're around my age, Tyson was kind of an ultraviolent Mickey Mouse during your childhood. Then his whole life went to shit. This movie is an hour and a half tour through his sometimes frightening mind, and I highly recommend it if you came of age during that time or if you're a fight fan. Luckily, I'm both.

3. The Rough South of Larry Brown: Larry Brown is my favorite writer, and this is a look into the life of a talent taken from us all too soon and the woman who stood beside him, no matter how far inside his own world he went. Watching this gave me a serious kick in the ass.

Speaking of gone too soon, godspeed, Jay.

No comments: