Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another comic book joke...

Okay, I got a HUGE spike in pageviews from posting the Swamp Thing jokes. So, unsurprisingly, my main audience is comic book fans. Never let it be said I don't give the people what they want. Here, my right hand to god, is a conversation I had a couple of weeks ago:

Friend: "I don't know, man. I think that girl is more trouble than she's worth."
Me: "Oh, yeah?"
Friend: "Yeah. She's kind of a tornado."
Me: "So, when it's that time of the month, she's a Red Tornado?"*
Friend: "GOOD LORD."

It's not like I like me, either.

Actually, here's a question for you. I haven't really read a comic book in years. I pick up whatever Evan Dorkin puts out and I buy Peanuts and Popeye reprints, but that's about it. Any recommendations?

*Please see this link for an explanation if you, unlike me, had a life in high school.

4 comments:

Gregg said...

I was a big Bloom County fan. I really miss comic strips like that one.

Will said...

Oh, yeah, Bloom County was genius. I think I read that they're going to start doing hardback reprints of it this fall. That'll be a must-buy.

mmyers said...

I read a lot of Fables and Walking Dead. Those are my two favorite funnybooks these days.

chubbsondubs said...

So I had to click the link which means I had a life right? But in high school I was always hanging with you so what does that mean? When in doubt it's always a negative negative. That means I am stupid and had no life. Anyway funny blog.